General Admissions can be booked for arrivals between 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. All admissions once checked in, are welcome to stay until 5 p.m.
If you currently hold a pre-purchased Admission ticket that is still valid, those tickets will be honored on a space-available basis on the day of attendance.
Planetarium tickets are $3 and can be purchased onsite with valid Bishop Museum admission.
Expedition Dinosaur: Rise of the Mammals Admission tickets are only valid with Timed Admission Tickets and within or after your same day Timed Admission Ticket check-in window.
- As per Bishop Museum safety protocols, all guests over the age of five (5) must wear face masks that cover both the mouth and nose at all times while indoors – no exceptions. Please note that the following are NOT allowed:
- Face shields without accompanying face masks
- Face masks with vents of any kind
- Planetarium shows are limited to 15 guests per show(25% of theater capacity)
- Groups will be seated at least six feet (6’) apart
Between shows, our staff will:
- Wipe down all contact surfaces
- Use large fans to increase airflow and overall theater circulation
Admission to Membership Upgrade:
Museum visitors can apply their admission costs towards any membership level within seven (7) days of their visit. To take advantage of this offer, bring your receipt to the Admissions Desk at Shop Pacifica.
Terms: Promotions can not be combined. Applicable admission tickets include those for guests who will be included in the membership.
Learn more about membership benefits.
**Beginning Nov. 4, 2022 Bishop Museum is a participant in the Museums for All program, which provides free regular admission for up to four people with the presentation of a SNAP Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card. Guests will also receive free parking for one vehicle and are asked to bypass parking payment and check in at the Museum’s ticket counter in Shop Pacifica. Learn more about this program.
Be a Part of Our Story
Celebrate the extraordinary history, culture, and environment of Hawaiʻi and the Pacific with a gift to Bishop Museum. As a partner in the Museum’s work, you can help to sustain vital collections, research, and knowledge, and inspire exploration and discovery with a tax-deductible donation.