Join our Museum ‘ohana and support us in connecting Hawai‘i to the world and the world to Hawai‘i.
Bishop Museum is the largest museum in Hawaiʻi and the premier natural and cultural history institution in the Pacific, recognized worldwide for its cultural collections, scientific research, and public educational programming. Your gift of becoming a Stewardship Circles member will help support the Museum’s mission to inspire our community and visitors through the exploration, celebration, and perpetuation of the extraordinary history, culture, and environment of Hawaiʻi and the Pacific.
The Museum houses some of the finest and rarest artifacts, natural specimens, and historical records from Hawaiʻi and other cultures across the Pacific. Your generous contribution is vital to continue the daily care of our precious collections for generations to come. Our Stewardship Circles supporters also help sustain the undertaking of groundbreaking scientific research, together with numerous educational programs which service over 200,000 visitors to the Museum every year.
To become a steward, please contact the Membership Department at 808.847.8296 or email@example.com
All Stewardship Circles members enjoy the following benefits for 12 months:
- Free general admission and parking
- Deluxe membership cards and a complimentary eco-tote bag
- Free Watumull Planetarium matinee tickets and discounts on evening shows
- Free tickets to Members After Dark, an annual after-hours event
- Subscription to Ka ‘Elele, the Museum’s print journal and e-newsletter
- 20% discount on Bishop Museum Press titles online
- 10% discount in the Museum’s Shop Pacifica and Highway Inn café
Explorer Circle $1,000 $920 Is Tax Deductible
- Free admission for four guests per visit when accompanied by member
- Six one-time guest passes to the Museum ($150 value)
- Invitations to private exhibit receptions and previews
- Invitation for two to the annual Chairman’s Reception
Preservation Circle $2,500 $2,420 Is Tax Deductible
- Invitations for two to An Evening with DeSoto Brown, an annual gathering to discuss treasures from our Library & Archives
- Eight one-time guest passes to the Museum ($200 value)
Charles Reed Bishop Circle $5,000 $4,880 Is Tax Deductible
- Opportunity to schedule a private docent-guided tour of one gallery of your choice for up to eight guests
- One complimentary gift Patron level membership ($160 value)
Pauahi Circle $10,000 $9,880 Is Tax Deductible
- Members must present their photo ID and membership card for Museum admission.
- Membership cards and benefits are non-transferable.
- Guests must be accompanied by a member and are granted free admission between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Guests of members may attend the Traditions of the Pacific after-hours series, but will be required to purchase an event ticket. The price is generally $10.
- A $5 fee will be incurred for replacement membership cards and parking stickers.
- Student through Dual/Family members may be required to purchase discounted admission tickets for select traveling exhibits.
- We encourage Dual/Family members and above to name two cardholders, as free admission will not be granted to unnamed guests.
Yes! General admission fees can be applied towards any membership level within seven days of the initial visit. Unfortunately, this offer cannot be redeemed online. Please bring your original order receipt to the Admissions Desk.
Please allow 7-10 business days for your welcome package to arrive to your primary mailing address via the United States Postal Service. If you have not received your cards within two weeks, please contact the Membership Department at 808.847.8296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All members receive two membership cards. Student and Friend members receive one parking sticker, and all other membership levels receive two. If you would like to request an additional parking pass, there is a $5 fee. No more than three stickers will be allocated per membership. If you need to request replacement cards or parking stickers, please contact the Membership Department.
Please display your parking sticker on the lower corner of the driver’s side of the front windshield.
Members at the Patron level and above enjoy free admission to traveling exhibits in the Castle Memorial Building, while members at the Dual/Family level and below are eligible to purchase a discounted add-on ticket for $2.95 per person. Non-member visitors to the Museum must pay $4.95 per person for add-on tickets.
Bishop Museum welcomes gifts of stock. To facilitate a smooth transaction, please contact the Development Department at 808.847.8281.
INDIVIDUAL & FAMILY MEMBERSHIP
Find a bit of yourself here at Hawai‘i’s museum.
Join a community of supporters committed to Bishop Museum’s collections, research, and education programs. The deeper your engagement, the more central you are to Bishop Museum’s core values and strengths—and the greater your impact on the issues you care most about.
Support from Bishop Museum’s Corporate Partners helps to care for the Museum’s renowned permanent collection of over 24 million historical, natural and cultural treasures, and to bring distinguished exhibitions and high-quality programs and events to hundreds of thousands of children and adults in the community every year.
Be a Part of Our Story
Celebrate the extraordinary history, culture, and environment of Hawaiʻi and the Pacific with a gift to Bishop Museum. As a partner in the Museum’s work, you can help to sustain vital collections, research, and knowledge, and inspire exploration and discovery with a tax-deductible donation.