Navigating by the Stars
Bishop Museum’s J. Watumull Planetarium Presents
Navigating by the Stars
Wednesday, November 16, 2022
7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
In-person at the J. Watumull Planetarium
All ages welcome
Online Registration Required*
General Admission: $10 per adult, $7 per youth 4-17, 3 and under free*
Members: 50% off general admission member tickets
Please sign in before you register for the program in order to receive your member’s discount. If it is your first time to register online, please create a login and password. If you are a member, you must use the name and contact information for the primary member on your membership account to be recognized as a member in the system. Once you’ve completed the form, simply sign out.
Not a member? Join today!
Join Bishop Museum Planetarium educators and Hōkūleʻa navigator and Honolulu Community College Hoʻokele Instructor Kaʻiulani Murphy for Navigating by the Stars! Each talk will include an introduction to the night sky and celestial navigation, and will feature the Hawaiian star line most prominent that month. This month’s featured Hawaiian star line is Ka Lupe o Kawelo.
*Registration closes at 6:00 PM p.m., an hour before the scheduled program
**Guests 3 and under will be expected to share a seat with an adult/guardian.
PLEASE NOTE: We are opening all 64 seats of the planetarium and as a result, cannot guarantee social distancing. We strongly recommend wearing a well fitted mask and ask that anyone feeling any symptoms such as sore throat, runny nose, cough, or fever refrain from attending.
- This is an in-person event at the J. Watumull Planetarium at Bishop Museum. No online options or recordings will be available.
- Seating is first come, first served.
- No late seating. Doors close at 7:00 p.m. when the program begins. Please plan to arrive no later than 6:45 p.m.
- Check-in and entry will be near Bishop Museum’s Shop Pacifica (front entrance and gift shop). The check-in table will be located at the top of the main staircase/ramp and to the right.
- Check-in and viewing of the planetarium lobby will begin at 6:30 p.m. Doors open for planetarium seating at 6:45 p.m. The presentation will begin at 7:00 p.m. and last approximately an hour.
- No food or drink allowed in the planetarium.
- The planetarium is fairly cool, you may want to bring a light sweater.
- Evening parking is $3, please be sure to pay at the parking kiosk or have your member parking sticker on your car.
- Tickets are fully refundable until 6:00 p.m. the night of the show. Refunds can be issued over the phone at (808) 847-3511 or via email at email@example.com. After 6:00 p.m., less than 1 hour before the scheduled start of the show, ticket sales are non-refundable. Refunds not available for no-shows or late arrivals.
- For additional information about evening planetarium programs, please call (808) 847-3511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org both are monitored during Museum business hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.