Timed General Admission
Timed General Admissions can be booked on the hour from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Once a timed admission is booked, please arrive at any time during your check-in hour. Arriving after your hour reservation check-in window by more than 15 minutes may require entry on a space-available basis. All admissions once checked in, are welcome to stay until 5 p.m.
If you currently hold a pre-purchased Admission ticket that is still valid, those tickets will be honored on a space-available basis on the day of attendance.
To ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff, we have temporarily suspended the following:
Interactive displays in exhibit spaces
Guided tours in Hawaiian Hall
Hot Spot demonstrations in the Science Adventure Center
Enhance your visit with an add-on experience! All programs require same-day museum admission, and must be used during or after your admissions arrival time.
Expedition Dinosaur: Rise of the Mammals Admission tickets are only valid with Timed Admission Tickets and within or after your same day Timed Admission Ticket check-in window.
- As per Bishop Museum safety protocols, all guests over the age of five (5) must wear face masks that cover both the mouth and nose at all times while indoors – no exceptions. Please note that the following are NOT allowed:
- Face shields without accompanying face masks
- Face masks with vents of any kind
- Planetarium shows are limited to 15 guests per show(25% of theater capacity)
- Groups will be seated at least six feet (6’) apart
Between shows, our staff will:
- Wipe down all contact surfaces
- Use large fans to increase airflow and overall theater circulation
Admission to Membership Upgrade:
Museum visitors that have not held an active membership within 6 months can apply your admission costs towards a membership within 7 days of initial purchase. To take advantage of this offer, bring your receipt to the Admissions Desk.
Terms: Promotions can not be combined. Applicable admission tickets include those for guests that will be included in the membership.
Learn more about membership benefits.
Be a Part of Our Story
Celebrate the extraordinary history, culture, and environment of Hawaiʻi and the Pacific with a gift to Bishop Museum. As a partner in the Museum’s work, you can help to sustain vital collections, research, and knowledge, and inspire exploration and discovery with a tax-deductible donation.