When sending in your requests, please be as detailed* as possible. Doing so helps us best match you to an available internship! *(An example of a detailed request would be, “I am interested in working with birds/native birds. I also love photography, so I would love to help with imaging specimens/artifacts if the former is not an option.”)
- Natural Sciences
- Cultural Resources
For more information, you can click the links above, or you can start by visiting our Collections page, which also includes links to individual department blogs as well as resources and outside opportunities!
To receive a parental consent form, please email us at [email protected]
For our back-of-house volunteer areas, there is a high demand for volunteer positions as well as a low turnover rate. We can only accept a handful of new volunteers at a time due to these spatial constraints. If, however, you are interested in a front-of-house position (e.g. greeter), there are much more spaces available year-round.
- Free parking in designated areas of our parking lots (with parking stickers)
- Free admission to the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum
- Discount at the Shop Pacifica, the Museum store
- Discount at our café, run by Highway Inn
- Membership to Kamehameha Federal Credit Union
- Four Guest Passes per month (upon completion of first 40 hours of service)
- Membership to the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Museum (upon completion of 75 hours in a 12 month time period)
- Invitation to our annual volunteer appreciation party
You can email us at: [email protected]
Or, you can give us a call at: (808) 848-4171