March 12 through May 30, 2016
in the Castle Memorial Building
Sweet: A Tasty Journey takes a nostalgic look at the confections beloved by generations of Americans.
This exhibit features interactive displays and activities to stimulate all five senses while you explore the social and cultural aspects of the candy industry. You’ll learn all about real life “Willy Wonka” stories from notable inventors such as Forrest Mars and Milton Hershey!
Sweet: A Tasty Journey makes use of various cutting edge technologies, making a perfect blend of traditional and modern education techniques that is fun for all ages! With vintage candy vending machines, pieces of factory equipment, and rare relics from the past and present world of candy, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Interactive video and audio displays
- Candy art, including large, stunning replicas of famous paintings, created with jelly beans
- Candy’s history and role in popular culture
- The fun and nostalgia of the world of candy through interactive games, displays and learning stations
- Check the calendar for our weekend and holiday Taste Tests