*Must be available to work Sleepovers at Bishop Museum programs on Fridays (into Saturday) and Saturdays (into Sundays) when we have bookings. This is a casual part-time position, with up to (not guaranteed) 18 hours per week.
Work Bishop Museum “Sleepover” (overnight) and “Museum After Dark” (evening only) programs, in which visitors spend the evening at the Museum. Greet sleepover visitors, provide programming, handle operational details such as food delivery, and monitor student behavior and safety.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be on-site coordinator for Museum Sleepover programs. Greet schools and families as they arrive, provide orientation, present programs, monitor student behavior, handle operational details such as dinner delivery and preparation of a simple breakfast. Must be available to sleep overnight at Museum 2 nights per week.
- Works in a safe manner so as not to endanger fellow staff members, volunteers, and visitors. Complies with safety rules and regulations and establishes safe work practices. Reads all safety materials received. Reports unsafe conditions and unsafe acts directly to supervisor. Promptly reports accidents to immediate supervisor. Maintains assigned work area and equipment free of accident producing conditions.
- Perform other duties as required to accomplish Museum goals.
- Must be able to stay at museum overnight on a regular basis to run sleepover programs, which includes sleeping on concrete or carpeted floor.
- Position requires the ability to sit, stand, walk, run, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, and handle. Computer use and crafts projects require fingering ability and hand-eye coordination.
- Physical strength sufficient to push, pull, and lift supplies and equipment weighing up to 50lbs and carry up to 100 lbs.needed.
- Working environment may involve exposure to hot, humid wet, noisy or dusty conditions.
- Must be able to work in low-light areas (planetarium, planetarium lobby, campus at night).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School degree or equivalent in training and experience to successfully perform the job.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and maintain composure.
- Must have experience working with children and presenting to a range of audiences.
- Excellent communication skills.
Hours: Full-Time; some evening and weekends required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline to apply: Application will remain open until position is filled.