Responsible for overseeing all operations for Bishop Museum Press, including but not limited to work in order fulfillment, communications, budgeting, accounting, managing records and central files, compiling and preparing reports, and supervision of support staff under general direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the operations of the Bishop Museum Press.
- Performs duties relating to inventory management, sales (including preparing all shipments), marketing, and distribution, including updating the Bishop Museum Press sales website, and working with Museum webmaster and social media coordinator.
- Performs overall planning and logistics for annual Hawaiʻi Book & Music Festival sale and various pop-up sales throughout the year.
- Ensures overall administrative support for Press projects and programs; establishes and oversees procedures to facilitate and improve the efficiency of daily operations.
- Responsible for monitoring and processing purchase orders, verifying receipts, processing invoices for payment according to established Museum policies and procedures.
- Assists Press Director with preparation of budgets; responsible for monitoring expenditures to maintain fiscal propriety and to ensure a balanced budget.
- Provides/prepares statistical and other information to key Museum operating functions (accounting, legal, etc.) as requested.
- Maintains and monitors central departmental files and records of information such as inventories, statistics, budgets, purchases, production, and cost records, including material that may be confidential in nature.
- Interacts with staff and Museum clients with tact, courtesy, and respect. Projects a positive and professional attitude. Cooperates and supports teamwork; maintains and strengthens customer relations.
- Works in a safe manner at all times, complying with the Museum safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 5+ years of business, administrative, executive secretary experience or 1–2 years in responsible office management capacity; supervisory experience
- Possesses strong computer skills including for updating of website and management of inventory database
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Possesses good written and verbal communication skills
- Possesses good math skills
- Professional business-like appearance
- Good attendance
- Self-directed; works well without supervision
- Flexibility in schedule to meet deadlines
- Must have own car with proof of insurance
- Experience with creating ebooks desirable
- Shopify (or other online store) experience desirable
- Book publishing experience desirable
- Copyediting experience desirable
Direct Reports None
Working Conditions Office Environment, Stock Room, Outdoor Pop-Up Sales (occasional)
Hours: Full-Time Salary; some evening and weekends required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline to apply: Application will remain open until position is filled.