in the J. M. Long Gallery
Nov. 4, 2017–June 24, 2018
The Holo Moana: Generations of Voyaging exhibit celebrates the story of how a centuries-old ancestral practice has been re-awakened, re-activated, and re-envisioned by Hawaiian and Oceanic voyagers over the past five decades.
INTERACTIVE ELEMENTS INCLUDE:
- A wind-based immersive experience that brings to life the winds used by voyagers
- A full-dome projection theater with audio narrated by PVS president Nainoa Thompson
- A touchscreen interactive of crewmembers and all legs of Hōkūleʻa voyages
- Footage of the original launching of the Hōkūleʻa
- A 4 screen video wall, displaying the many instances of gift-giving and makana throughout the worldwide voyage of Mālama Honua
Open every day
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day