Health & Safety
Effective Monday, September 13, 2021* all visitors to Bishop Museum age 12 and older must provide the following:
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and a valid photo ID; or
- Proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 48 hours, and a valid photo ID
Proof of vaccination includes:
- A hardcopy of a Hawaiʻi State-approved vaccination card (photocopies and digital copies are acceptable); or
- A Hawaiʻi State-approved app confirming full vaccination status
A map of COVID-19 testing sites can be found on the City & County of Honolulu’s OneOahu.org website. Not all sites offer free testing and their hours may fluctuate from day to day, so please call them to confirm their hours and pricing.
Test results must be from an FDA-approved or FDA EUA approved, molecular or antigen test. Please note that the Museum is not able to accept any undated COVID-19 negative test result.
Prior to entering the Museum, guests will be asked to undergo a temperature check. Guests are also asked to wear face masks and practice social distancing, both indoors and outdoors, during their visit.
Mahalo nui loa for your kōkua in keeping Bishop Museum a safe place to work and visit.
*Per Order 10, Sections A and B, of the City and County of Honolulu Emergency Order No. 2021-11 dated August 30, 2021. More information can be found here.
What we’re doing
We’ve implemented additional measures to ensure the well-being of our guests and employees:
- We’re asking that visitors purchase their tickets online to minimize person-to-person contact with our staff.
- Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting across our campus.
- Installed additional hand sanitizing and outdoor hand washing stations.
- Installed plexiglass shields at our admissions desk and in the Café by Highway Inn counter.
What Visitors Can Do
Mahalo nui loa for your continued support, and please enjoy your visit to Bishop Museum. We look forward to serving you.
Be a Part of Our Story
Celebrate the extraordinary history, culture, and environment of Hawaiʻi and the Pacific with a gift to Bishop Museum. As a partner in the Museum’s work, you can help to sustain vital collections, research, and knowledge, and inspire exploration and discovery with a tax-deductible donation.