Virtual Pau Hana Pū Kākou | POW! WOW!: The First Decade
with Jasper Wong, founder and lead director of POW! WOW! Hawaiʻi
Friday, July 23, 2021
4–5 p.m. HST
Online Platform: Zoom
Bishop Museum Members: Free with online registration
General: A suggested donation of $5–$10 can be made here.
Online registration required.
You must register to receive the link to the program.
Not a member? Join today!
Jasper will share about the history of POW! WOW! and how everything has led to POW! WOW! The First Decade: From Hawaiʻi to the World, presented by Hawaiian Airlines. Hear about what drives him as an artist, an educator, and POW! WOW! director.
Jasper Wong is an artist, illustrator, curator and art director. He is a man who wears many hats and best known for his art that is a unique clash of Asian-influenced pop culture on paper. Jasper Wong is also the founder of a gallery in Hong Kong called ABOVE SECOND. In its existence, both Monocle magazine and CNN have chosen it as one of the best galleries in the city.
The Pau Hana Seminar series is a bi-weekly live stream program by Bishop Museum researchers, collection managers, and community affiliates. These programs provoke engaging conversations on a wide range of topics related to culture and history in Hawai‘i and the Pacific.
Online Event Details:
- The program platform is Zoom, the free video conferencing software.
- A stable internet connection is required.
- The waiting room will open at 3:55 p.m. and the presentation begins at 4 p.m.
- Your Zoom display name must match the name you registered under. Only attendees whose names match the registrant list will be admitted from the Zoom waiting room.
- Members, please Login to the Museum website. If it is your first time on the Museum website, click Register to create a login and password. For your membership account to be recognized in the system, you must use the name and contact information for the primary member listed on your membership.
* If you do not see the link in your email, please check your spam/junk folder. If it is not there, email email@example.com an hour before the program starts to receive the link. The Visitor Experience office hours are 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Image: Jasper Wong painting a Toyota on Bishop Museum Campus, 2021. Image by Brandon Shigeta.