Member Preview: Backyard Adventures
Friday, November 18, 2022
5:30 –8:30 p.m.
The Castle Memorial Building and the Great Lawn
This event is exclusive to Bishop Museum Members. No non-member guests permitted.
Not a member? Join today!
RESERVE YOUR TICKET BEFORE FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11, 2022.
Members can preview our newest exhibition Backyard Adventures before it opens to the public on Saturday, November 19. Highlights of Backyard Adventures include:
- Night vision: Investigate the creatures that live in your garden at night.
- Bee’s eye view: Take a look at the garden through the eyes of a bee or dog.
- Walk through the seasons: Plants grow very slowly. Take a walk through our digital garden and observe plants growing in super time.
- Nectar collector: Jump on board the flying bee for a bee’s eye view of the garden. Try your luck at pollinating flowers and collecting pollen for honey production.
- Dress-ups: Visitors can step inside the costume of a spider, bee, or ladybug!
Additionally, Bishop Museum Members can preview phase two of Lalo: Science and Conservation in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands within the Science Adventure Center. Come experience terrestrial and underwater landscapes in 2D and 3D, including dive footage of “a day in the life of a tiger shark” and interactive experiences that allow visitors to better understand the incredible importance of the northwest Hawaiian Islands to both science and culture. No additional reservation is required outside of the Member Preview event registration.
Food is available for purchase on site. Members are welcome to bring chairs and blankets to enjoy an evening on the Great Lawn.
Members: Trouble logging in?
- Confirm you have registered your membership on our site at bishopmuseum.org/register. Your username should be the email we have on file for your membership.
- If you have confirmed you have registered your membership but you have forgotten your password, select “forgot your password?”
- You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK EMAIL.
- The link within the email may not be clickable and you may need to copy the web address, and paste it into your browser.
- Still have questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808.847.8296.