Mai Kinohi Mai: Surfing in Hawaiʻi | Livestream Talk Story
Bishop Museum, in Partnership with Honolulu Theatre for Youth, Presents:
Livestream talk story with Bishop Museum Historian DeSoto Brown and Actor/Playwright Moses Goods followed by limited access to the performance, DUKE by Moses Goods
6 – 8 p.m. All ages welcome.
Friday, March 19, 2021
Online Registration Required:
General: $6 flat rate per log in
*Registration is free for Bishop Museum Members, but you must register to receive the link to the show. Not a member? Join today!
Join Bishop Museum Historian DeSoto Brown and Actor/Playwright Moses Goods for an engaging talk story about Bishop Museum’s Mai Kinohi Mai: Surfing in Hawaiʻi exhibit. Come and hear about how Hawaiʻi’s shoreline topography, warm ocean waters, and abundant waves enabled the indigenous peoples of the Hawaiian Islands to develop and refine the sport that is now a thriving international phenomenon. Actor/Playwright Moses Goods will also share his insights about Hawai‘i’s first Olympic gold medalist and the father of modern surfing, Duke Kahanamoku.
Participants will also receive limited access to a digital presentation of DUKE by Moses Goods. This “must-see” unforgettable portrayal of the life of Duke Paoa Kahanamoku provides viewers with deeper insight into the life of this Olympic gold medalist, father of modern-day surfing, and Hawaiian icon.
– The presentation will take place on Vimeo. The link will be provided upon registration.
– A stable internet connection is required, and we recommend watching on a desktop or laptop computer, but a tablet or even a smart phone will work.
– The presentation begins at 6 p.m., lasting approximately 45 minutes. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and engage with the panelists via the chat function.
– Near the completion of the livestream presentation, a second link will be listed in the chat, and sent to participants’ email addresses. The link will direct you to DUKE by Moses Goods. The link will only be good for 48 hours from the completion of the live event.
– Members, please sign in before you register in order to receive your member discount. If it is your first time to register online, please create a login and password. If you are a member, you must use the name and contact information for the primary member on your membership account to be recognized as a member in the system. Once you’ve completed the form, simply sign out.
Enter 1 in the Qty cell to pay the flat rate for this virtual program.