Responsible for reviewing, auditing, and processing accounts payable records to ensure that bills are processed in a timely manner. Maintain and balance the Accounts Payable subsidiary ledger. Assist the Senior Accountant in the preparation of the general ledger and in other schedules as assigned.
- Review, pre-audit, and process accounts payable documentation to ensure that bills are processed in accordance with established processesand in a timely manner.
- Ensure that documentation is mathematically correct, properly coded and required backup forms are included with all submissions.
- Where applicable, review contracts and contract summary worksheets to ensure that payments are authorized and within limits and comply with federal and state laws and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Maintain and balance the Accounts Payable subsidiary ledger.
- Maintain vendor records systems both electronically and hard copies.
- Maintain restricted account file folders; files copies of proposals, contracts, funds requests, checks, etc.
- Assist the Senior Accountant or Director in producing reports and statements and distribute to users.
- Work independently, with little or no supervision, in an efficient and effective manner.
- Support other members of the accounting team by providing backup and assistance as required.
- Other duties as required and as assigned by supervisor.
- Interact with staff and museum clients with tact, courtesy and respect at all times.
- Stay motivated and project a positive and professional attitude towards fellow workers and clients.
- Cooperate and support teamwork.
- Maintain and strengthen customer and staff relationships.
- Work in a safe manner so as not to endanger fellow staff members, volunteers and visitors.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations and establish safe work practices. Read all safety materials received. Report unsafe conditions and unsafe acts directly to supervisor. Promptly report accidents to immediate supervisor. Maintain assigned work area and equipment free of accident producing conditions.
- Minimum three years Accounts Payable experience, preferably in a large organization with multiple funds or ledgers, multiple departments or divisions, and a heavy volume of payables.
- Ability to work independently, efficiently, and accurately.
- High School and Business School graduate (bookkeeping or accounting), or Bachelor’s degree in Business; or equivalent work experience
- Experience with SAGE MIP accounting software is desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft office Suite with emphasis on Excel
- 10-key by touch
- Strong written, verbal, and telephone communication skills
- Professional, business-like appearance
- Good attendance
- Extremely detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy and organization
- Flexibility in schedule to meet deadlines
- A team player and able to work independently
- Primarily sedentary position involving periods of sitting.
- Some walking, kneeling, crouching and reading required to access ledgers and files.
- Computer and calculator use requires fingering ability and hand-eye coordination.
- Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry ledgers and boxes weighing up to 40 lbs. required.
- Must have good-to-excellent vision.
Hours: Full-Time Salary; some evening and weekends required
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Deadline to apply: Application will remain open until position is filled.