The Social & Digital Media Coordinator at the Bishop Museum will play an integral role in the growth of the museum’s current social media presence and the developing digital media strategy. This position will post, monitor, create content for social media, as well as coordinate reviews of planned posts with various stakeholders and departments across the Museum. In addition to the day-to-day coordination of and content creation for the Museum’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest platforms, this position will serve as the primary point of contact for the development of various digital media ad campaigns between graphic design staff and a digital media placement agency or staff member. This position will be expected to handle a variety of media assets including but not limited to creative writing, copy editing, photography, and videography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage members and potential supporters in positive, thoughtful online conversations about the museum, our exhibits, collection, programs, Write and help curate creative, engaging content for sharing among Bishop Museum’s social media spaces.events, and more.
- Work cross-departmentally to develop responses to comments and inquiries on our social networks and peer review sites (TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.) as well as other required support and creative content development.
- Assist in the development and deployment of creative tactics and campaigns via social platforms to engage and grow our social communities.
- Monthly reporting on metrics and impact of social platforms. Stay abreast of latest trends in social media, emerging technologies, and nonprofit communications.
- Coordinate regular social media content planning meetings across departments.
- Create, gather, and curate content (photographs, videos, designed assets) as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in online marketing, social media or public relations, including experience with managing digital marketing projects.
- Some experience with social advertising across Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn as well as emerging advertising platforms.
- Experience managing large online communities and the ability to diffuse potential hot button issues.
- Experience with social management platforms (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Social Report, etc.), basic HTML, and social media apps preferred.
- Experience with creating short videos, photographs, and other digital assets for social audiences.
- The ideal candidate is organized, self-motivated, creative, resourceful, professional, timely, upbeat, energetic, collaborative (thrives in a distributed team structure), flexible, and able to take both initiative and direction.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have proficiency with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, and presentation software Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Demonstrated knowledge of emerging media, and proficiency within social media networks and digital platforms is a must. May include, but not limited to:
- Mobile apps and platforms
- Flexibility in working hours, as some evening and weekend work is required.
- Must have own car with proof of insurance and valid Hawai‘i Driver’s License
- Professional, business-like appearance
- Good Attendance
- Familiarity with Hawaiian or Pacific culture and history a plus
Salary: DOE; $32,000 to $35,000 per year
Hours: Full-time; some evening and weekend hours required.
Deadline to Apply: Position will remain posted until filled.