Bishop Museum will assist you in creating innovative and exciting meetings and events. Whether you are hosting a board meeting for 10 or a product launch for 1,000, we will work with you to inspire your guests and create a unique experience they won’t forget! Be sure to see our Meeting Enhancements to find out how you can energize your next meeting.
Compliment your meeting with an impressive reception or dinner. Bishop Museum provides evening event spaces that will dazzle your guests!
|The Great Lawn||1,000||1,000||500||6,000||500|
|Richard T. Mamiya Science Adventure Center||300||500||200||500||300|
|Atherton Hālau & Hale Wa’a||120||250||120||300||200|
|Muriel Flanders Lawn||100||200||120||300||250|
|Planetarium (fixed seating)||N/A||N/A||N/A||70||N/A|
|Pākī Conference Center||25||30||25||45||30|
*Event space is determined by the number of guests attending the event and the amount of time needed including set-up and break-down. All pricing is based on the customer’s specific needs.
Behind the Scenes Tours
With collections large enough to rival the biggest museums in the world, Bishop Museum is a fascinating place to learn more about Hawai‘i’s natural and cultural history. Most people never see the extent of our collections, but with a Behind the Scenes Tour you and your guests will not only have a rare glimpse into Hawai‘i’s history, but you will have the opportunity to see and learn about some of the amazing artifacts in our collections that are not on public display.
Docents are Museum staff who undergo extensive training and are very knowledgeable about one or more aspects of the Museum’s permanent exhibits. They can give tours, answer questions, and provide interesting facts. We highly recommend docents as a way of providing an enlightening experience for your guests.
Bishop Museum hosts three to four traveling exhibits each year. Event clients have the opportunity to offer their guests a unique, private viewing of these exhibits during their event based on availability and with an additional fee. Click here to find out more about Bishop Museum’s current traveling exhibits.
Shop Pacifica Gift Shops
Unique souvenirs to remind your guests of your amazing event are available through our gift shops. Let our Ho‘okipa Ambassadors help you find a gift that will leave a lasting impression. Orders should be placed at least 4 weeks prior to the event. Quantity discounts are available for Special Event clients only.
All Facility Rentals Include:
- Complimentary parking for all venues
- Special admission rates apply during the day of the event for client’s guests
- Customized assistance with preferred caterers.
- Customized assistance with activities and tour coordination
- Complimentary Host/Hostess to oversee event
- Customized assistance with entertainment
Optional Additional Charges:
- White Canopy Tents w/lights
- AV Techniques (sound system, video system, projectors, etc)
Bishop Museum Policies
- Prices are subject to change
- Security deposits are non-refundable if event is cancelled within 90 days prior to event
- Bishop Museum reserves the right to relocate the venue
- Events serving alcohol requires a law enforcement officer at client’s expense (officer should remain present till all guests/clients vacate premises)
- Events over 500 pax require the minimum of two (2) law enforcement officers at client’s expense
- Events exceeding 500 pax will require additional parking at client’s expense
- Event guests are to remain in the vicinity of event location. There will be no loitering in the parking lots or any other areas not mentioned in the contractual agreement.
- Event end time is one hour prior to contracted vacated time unless given prior approval by the museum.
- Event set up and break down is the responsibility of the client
- Site inspection is recommended prior to venue selection of contractual agreement
For further questions, or to meet with a coordinator to create a custom package, please call Visitor Services at (808) 848-4106 or 808.848.4106. Email email@example.com