We are open every day 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Museum is closed on Thanksgiving and December 25.
Parking on campus is $5 per car, per visit. For more information click here.
Free Admission for Bishop Museum Members
Senior, 65 & over: $19.95
Junior, ages 4-12: $14.95
Child, age 3 & under: Free
Child, age 3 & under: Free
*A Hawaii State ID, Hawaii driver’s license or active military identification is required.
Bishop Museum reserves the right to require customers to present collateral documentation establishing residency.
Group Rates* (available for groups of 10+ paid non-discount admission)
Groups may request a private docent for an additional fee.
* Group reservations must be made at least a week in advance. Click here to book a group reservation.
For Hawai‘i school group reservations please contact email@example.com or click here to visit our Education site.
We are located near downtown Honolulu and the Honolulu International airport. Here are detailed .
We have a number of activities everyday going on in various places around our campus. A single admission price will allow you to visit all of our galleries, but we encourage visitors to become members and enjoy the many benefits.
Please be aware that animals are not allowed on Bishop Museum premises.
This restriction does not apply to service animals.
Bishop Museum offers a variety of services to accommodate accessibility to the museum for its diverse guests:
- Service animals as defined by federal and state law are welcome
- Text descriptions are provided for exhibit displays and buildings
- Assisted verbal interpretation by a Museum guide for those with vision impairment is available at no extra charge upon request. Reservations must be made at least 10 days in advance by calling the Director of Guest Experience at 808.847.8235
- Multi-language audio tours (with text transcripts) are available free of charge and are accessible via mobile smart device
- Accessible parking spaces are available on a first-come basis at the Museum's front and rear parking lots. Arrangements can be made for drop-off if disabled parking spaces are occupied by contacting 808.847.8232
- Wheelchair seating is available throughout the Museum's interpretive venues and all public spaces at the Museum are wheelchair accessible
If you require assistance during your visit, please inform one of our staff.
Photography and Videography
Visitors to the Bishop Museum are permitted to photograph and videotape our exhibits. Flash photography is permitted.
Photography and videotaping for commercial use must be coordinated through Kelli Meskin (808.847.8271).
Please note that in certain exhibit areas, videography and photography may be limited due to copyright and/or cultural sensitivities. Please comply with posted rules.