Scheduling and Cancellation Policy as of July 15, 2015
The teacher who will be the point of contact on the day of the field trip must sign the Scheduling and Cancellation Policy Form found in the Field Trip Packet, acknowledging he/she has read and understands our policies and rules.
Full payment for the field trip must be made no later than three weeks before the scheduled date of the field trip.
This payment is nonrefundable within three weeks of the scheduled visit.
- Four weeks prior to your visit, you will receive a reminder that payment is due the following week. If payment is not received at least three weeks prior to the field trip, the museum will need cancel your visit.
- If payment cannot be made under a specific circumstance within the three week payment deadline, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to avoid potential cancellation of the school field trip.
School field trips must be scheduled at least one month prior to the date of the visit. Only those schools or classes on a waiting list for any cancellations may schedule within the month window. In these cases, payment is due at the time the reservation is confirmed.
If you need to reschedule a school trip, you must do so at least three weeks in advance of the originally scheduled visit We cannot guarantee rescheduling within the three week window.
Please provide accurate information on the number of individuals (both students and adults) who will take part in the field trip. It is important that you not overestimate or underestimate the number in your party.
- Any changes in the number of students or adults attending the school field trip need to be made prior to the three week payment deadline. Any changes that are made within the three week window will not receive a refund for any overpayment. The overpayment will be considered a donation to the museum.
- If you have underestimated the number of students and/or teachers and chaperones, any discrepancies between advance payment and the actual number of attendees must be made up at the time of your visit. In addition, the extra individuals will be charged full admission price, rather than the school visit reduced price.
- To recieve the Kama‘āina/Military General Admission rate of $12.95, each guest must provide a valid local or military ID such as a Hawaii State ID, Hawaii driver’s license or active military identification. Otherwise, each adult will have to pay the Non-Residnt General Admission rate of $19.95
- Should the student to adult ratio exceed 1:1, any additional adults will be required to pay either the Kama‘āina/Military General Admission or the Non-Resident General Admission, whichever general admission they qualify for.
- Bishop Museum Membership cannot be used for students because they are receiving customized education programs that are not provided to the public. However, Bishop Museum Membership can be used for adults and chaperones in place of paying the chaperone/adult fee.
- The number of persons you can add to your group within the three week window is limited to a maximum of 10 individuals (this includes both students and adults).
All communication with the museum regarding changes in numbers or dates or requested programs must be done via the email for school programs: email@example.com.
Payments should be made to Bishop Museum.
Please include the name of the school, the contact teacher, date of the visit and how many students and adults (chaperones, teachers, parents, etc.) you are paying for with the payment.
Payment should be sent to:
1525 Bernice Street
Honolulu, HI 96817