Research in Botany
Current Research Projects
- Assisting with the identification of unknown plant specimens for State and Federal Agencies, non-profit organizations, and the general public.
- Oahu Early Detection of incipient weed species program.
- Population genetics of rare Schiedea species and identification of invasive species on US Army lands.
Hawaii Biological Survey: Surveys and Inventories
Pacific Biological Survey: Surveys and Inventories
- Marine Benthic Algae of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Marine Benthic Algae from the Manu‘a Islands, American Samoa.
- Development of a Pacific Basin Vascular Plant Checklist.
- Checklist of flora of New Guinea, and expeditions to discover and document the flora of Papua New Guinea.
Click here for the online checklist of cultivated plants in Hawai‘i.
For more information, contact Botany staff at (808) 848 4181
Projects in the Herbarium Pacificum are funded in part by the National Science Foundation (DEB-0950207 and DBI-1057453), and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. The Bishop Museum is an active supporter of the United States Virtual Herbarium (USVH) project.