Research in Botany
Current Research Projects
- Assisting with the identification of unknown plant specimens for State and Federal Agencies, non-profit organizations, and the general public.
- Oahu Early Detection of incipient weed species program.
- Digitization of Pacific vascualr plants and Macroalgae collections.
Hawaii Biological Survey: Surveys and Inventories
Pacific Biological Survey: Surveys and Inventories
- Marine Benthic Algae of the Northern Mariana Islands.
- Checklist of flora of Melanesia, and expeditions to discover and document the flora of Papua New Guinea.
For more information, contact Botany staff at (808) 848 4181
Projects in the Herbarium Pacificum are funded in part by the National Science Foundation (DEB-0950207, DBI-1057453 and EF-1304824), The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, and the John D. and Catherine T. Macarthur Foundation. The Bishop Museum is an active supporter of the United States Virtual Herbarium (USVH) project, and a member of the Natural Science Collections Alliance.