Support from Bishop Museum’s Corporate Partners helps to care for the Museum’s renowned permanent collection of over 24 million historical, natural and cultural treasures, and to bring distinguished exhibitions and high-quality programs and events to hundreds of thousands of children and adults in the community every year.
In return Bishop Museum offers our Corporate Partners privileged access to the Museum for their employees, customers and clients; increased visibility in Honolulu’s diverse and vibrant communities; and entertainment and promotional opportunities.
For more information about Corporate Sponsorship, please contact our Corporate Development office at 808.848.4170.
Benefits of Corporate Partnership
Corporate partnerships with Bishop Museum offer many distinctive opportunities for your business to connect with the community. Benefits include corporate recognition, special events hosting, enhanced press relations, access to the Museum's cultural resources, advertising credits, exposure through our education and outreach programs, opportunities to create private label and amenity products, and more.
Bishop Museum ensures prominent credit to our corporate partners with:
- Banners prominently placed around the Museum and at the entrance to the exhibit
- Invitations to the opening event and to all other Museum events that include a viewing of the exhibition, such as Membership previews
- Online presentation of the exhibition, and with a Presenting Sponsorship, a link to the sponsor’s website
- Recognition in materials used in our education programs
- Recognition in Bishop Museum’s quarterly newsletter, sent to more than 8,000 Museum members and friends
- Directional posters throughout the Museum
In addition to the opportunity to co-host an exhibition’s opening event, the Museum offers its corporate partners the unique opportunity to schedule dinners, luncheons, breakfasts, and private VIP tours. These events are a superb tool for reaching important customers, clients, and loyal employees and for launching new products and divisions.
Private Events for Corporate VIPs
- After-hours viewings of the exhibition followed by dinner or reception
- Daytime lectures, viewings, and guided tours
Pākī Hall Meeting Rooms
- Complimentary use of the Museum’s meeting room facilities as well as discounts off the Museum’s many additional event spaces.
Our professional and experienced Marketing Department will work to enhance your corporate relations goals. In addition to our own promotional activities, Bishop Museum will coordinate with our partner’s public relations representatives to maximize visibility.
Press releases and Exhibition and Program Schedules
The Museum produces and mails timely and comprehensive press releases, exhibition and program schedules, and invitations which include acknowledgement of our partners to over 700 members of the regional and national media.
The Museum hosts an exclusive preview of the exhibit in advance of the public opening in which the local press is invited. Representatives of our corporate partners are encouraged to attend.
Bishop Museum ’s renowned permanent collection of over 24 million historical, cultural, and natural artifacts; our collections managers; and our highly-skilled educational department are by far our greatest assets. Bishop Museum can offer its corporate partners unparalleled access to these assets to add impact to presentations, launches, celebrations, and more through:
- Unique Behind-the-Scenes tours of our cultural collections or natural science collections
- Creation of customized exhibits for display in offices, lobbies, or at celebrations
- Consultation with our cultural practitioners
- Use of our cultural practitioners for blessings, chanting, or presentations
- Lending certain items from the collections for display in offices or at celebrations
Increase your company’s exposure through Bishop Museum’s exhibit advertising campaigns. Bishop Museum credits our corporate sponsors on all print, radio, and television advertisement related to the exhibition.
Bishop Museum ’s website provides up-to-date information on the Museum’s programs to audiences far beyond our Hawaiian shores. Over 300,000 people visit the Museum’s Web site each month. Among the site’s most popular pages are those highlighting traveling exhibitions. Corporate sponsors have the opportunity to:
- Link your company’s Web site with the Bishop Museum’s during the run of an exhibition
- Receive credit on the exhibition or event’s page on the Museum’s Web site
- Create a sponsor page on your Web site to inform clients of your company’s partnership with Bishop Museum
Bishop Museum extends exhibition impact beyond its traditional visitorship through an array of informative educational programs. As a corporate partner your company will garner positive exposure through:
- Education programs presented at the Museum to over 50,000 public and private school children each year
- Outreach programs provided at off-site locations such as community centers and schools grades pre-K through 12 all over the state.
Private Label/Amenity Products
Beyond traditional Partnership Benefits, Bishop Museum’s Corporate Partners have the opportunity to take advantage of the Bishop Museum Press. We offer a wide range of print solutions for your amenity needs. Drawing on the rich and diverse resources of the Museum’s Archives and other collections, Bishop Museum Press creates truly unique, custom-designed items for promotional opportunities, corporate gift giving, and special events, including:
- stationery sets
- note card collections
- fine art prints
- souvenir programs and more
Bishop Museum Press can also provide branded or personalized tip-in and special editions of its unparalleled list of publications.
Additional Partnership Benefits
As a partner, your company may also receive:
- Free Guest One-day Passes for employees and/or customers, vendors, or clients
- Free Family One-day Passes for employees and/or customers, vendors, or clients
- Private receptions for VIP guests
- Opportunities to arrange private tours of the exhibition after hours
- Membership at the highest level for senior executives, who would thereby receive Museum publications and selected invitations
- Acknowledgement in the Annual Report and in any printed listing of the Museum’s corporate contributors