Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, maintain the orderly, sanitary, attractive and safe condition of the Museum according to prescribed procedures. Duties include but are not limited to: sweeping, dusting, mopping and wet mopping floors as required; vacuums and cleans spillage as required; mixing cleaning chemicals according to instructions; know the safety requirements and adhere to them in accordance with the appropriate MSDS; making rounds of assigned areas to ensure cleanliness; interacting with staff and visitors with tact and courtesy at all times; and other duties as assigned.
– Knowledge in general housekeeping.
– Willingness to learn.
– Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
– Dependable, responsible, team player.
High school or equivalent preferred. Two years experience in the Housekeeping field preferred.
– Excellent people skills.
– A working knowledge of English, and the ability and willingness to communicate in English required.
– Able to operate upright vacuum, wet and dry vacuum and water trap type vacuum.