The Facility Rental Sales Manager is responsible for generating earned revenue for Bishop Museum through the rental of various museum spaces for social, non-profit and MCI events for local and visitor industry clients. Actively sells Bishop Museum as a premier venue for private events, creates and maintains strong client relationships. As the first point of contact for facility rental sales, this position is responsible for delivering outstanding customer service and being a positive representative of Bishop Museum at all times.
- Prior experience with event planning.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques associated with successful event promotions and event development and successful closing of sales.
- 3-5 years sales experience; Three or more years’ experience of groups sales with a non-profit arts organization preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer technology including Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule that will vary depending on the event
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations, be a problem solver, and be able to make decisions quickly and independently.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to interface with wide range of clients
- Commitment to the mission, values, and programs of Bishop Museum.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Budget forecasting, development and project management skills
- Ability to read/ write/ speak and communicate clearly in English
- Excellent communications skills/ ability to understand, retain and effectively communicate information about the Museum’s history, grounds, exhibits and merchandise.
- Professional appearance
- Valid Hawaii Driver’s License
Hours: Full-time; M-F with flexibility to work weekends and evenings as needed
Deadline to Apply: Application will remain open until filled.