Responsible for assisting in the installation and de-installation of traveling and in-house exhibits. Works with other Exhibit Department team members to support general goals established by the Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the installation and takedown of traveling exhibits including installing AV / multimedia, lighting, picture hanging, wall prep, painting, moving, fastening, rigging, wiring, and other duties.
- Interact and communicate with the Museum’s staff, clients and vendors in a professional manner at all times to ensure good internal and external relations.
- Check for safety hazards in the galleries and coordinate their mitigation. Comply with all safety rules and regulations and establishes safe work practices. Read all safety material received. Report unsafe conditions, unsafe acts, and accidents directly to supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years experience of maintenance of interactive exhibits or equivalent experience maintaining systems and components involving equivalent technical skills.
- Experience in audiovisual work, including setup and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronics, mechanics, computers and carpentry.
- Good problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and read/comprehend manuals.
- Ability to determine materials and tools needed for specific jobs.
- Skilled in estimating time and costs for tasks at hand.
- Ability to work effectively in a team context.
- Licensed to operate material handling equipment, such as a boom lift or forklift, is preferred.
- Ability to work under time constraints to complete tasks by required dates.
- Good attendance.
- Flexibility in schedule to meet deadlines.
Hours: Casual, on call which will include weekends and evenings
Deadline to Apply: Position will remain posted until filled.