The Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations is a member of the Museum’s Institutional Advancement team. This position is responsible for meeting the Museum’s annual and campaign goals for foundations and corporations through identifying and cultivating institutional funding sources; developing and carrying out strategies for funding; preparing proposals, reports, agreements and correspondence; and acting as a steward for foundation contributions. In addition to directly managing the foundation fundraising program, this position oversees the Museum’s Corporate Partnership Program. S/he reports to the Vice President.
- Serves as the external face of the Museum to the foundation community.
- Develops and executes donor relation strategies for existing and new foundation partners, strategizes and plans all contact and communications.
- Prepares competitive grant requests, collateral materials, and reports related to corporate partnerships and foundation funding for the Museum.
- Cultivates and maintains corporate relationships with companies from the business, tourism, marketing, education, cultural, and scientific communities
- Solicits and secures cash and in-kind gifts for the Museum’s Corporate Partnership Program, including the procurement of sponsorships, philanthropic corporate gifts, and media partnerships.
- Works with staff across departments to identify funding priorities and match them with prospective funding opportunities, coordinates with other staff as needed for content related to proposals.
Qualifications and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Seven years fundraising experience required.
- Proven experience and success in securing six-figure foundation and corporate gifts.
- Familiarity with Honolulu’s corporate business community preferred.
- Prior work in a museum, cultural, or science organization preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekend as required.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills required.
- Excellent administrative skills required.
- Ability to fundraise within the Museum’s stated organizational priorities.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000
Deadline to Apply: Application will remain open until position is filled.