The employee fills in for the Garden manager as needed when the manager is away from the garden, and is available to help out as needed at other times.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintains garden. Tasks include planting, mowing, weed trimming, pruning, weed control, and pesticide and herbicide use.
- Maintains and repairs equipment, vehicles, facilities, and irrigation system.
- Monitors condition of buildings and performs maintenance and repairs where necessary and possible.
- Takes primary responsibility for garden maintenance in the absence of the Garden manager.
- Interacts with staff and Garden clients with tact, courtesy, and unqualified respect at all times. Stays motivated and projects a positive and professional attitude towards fellow workers and clients. Cooperates and supports teamwork; maintain and strengthen customer and staff relationships
- Complies with safety rules and regulations and establish safe work practices. Reads all safety materials received.
Qualifications & Skills
- High school graduate with two year college credential in horticulture or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Five years agricultural/horticultural experience
- Current Hawai‘i driver’s license.
- Knowledge of pruning, planting, garden maintenance
- Familiarity with weed management
- Familiarity with irrigation systems
- Basic carpentry and mechanical skills
- Professional, business-like appearance
- Flexibility in schedule to meet deadlines
Compensation: $16.00 – $20.00/hour
Deadline to Apply: Position will remain posted until filled.